- Building solutions for sustainable agriculture growth
- To improve quality and quantity of products produced by farmers in Agriculture sector
- The main aim of our product is to help the farmers manage resources like water, fertilizer, seeds etc. and reduce losses caused by unseasonal weather conditions to agricultural crops.
- There are various weather conditions like heavy rain, high or low humidity, too much heat, etc. that may cause damage to the crops. Water and fertilizers need to be applied in optimum amounts and can cause problems if these are too low or too high.
- This damage needs to be reduced somehow and decrease losses caused to the farmers who grow different crops in different areas.
- The product “Rythu Mithra” solves the problem by collecting local, regional and global weather data
- Local weather data is collected using sensors of different types
- Regional weather data is collected using various associated websites, for ex, Indian Meteorological department
- Global weather data is collected using satellite weather data
- The collected local, regional and global weather data is processed at a central server and the resultant weather advisory is sent as SMS to farmers
- Increased crop yield
- Better water management and conservation
- Promote sustainable agricultural practices
- Empower farmers with real-time data and decision making abilities
- Our solution is different from the others because:
- We work at a ground level as opposed to the others who work at a much higher level of approximation
- We work directly with the farmers in their farms
- We provide much more accurate data as opposed to the other solutions
- We predict the weather conditions at a farm level as opposed to others who do so at a district or mandal level
- Revenue generation will be done by essentially selling Rythu Mithra (Hardware) box:
- Direct selling of the product (Packaged hardware box) and services to big farmers
- Collecting rentals from groups of small farmers (co-operative). In this case, company will be the owner of the box
- Direct selling of the services to a group of small farmers (around 10 of them) who can form a co-operative
- Direct selling of the packaged boxes through institutional customers like seeds sellers, pesticide manufacturers and through NGO’s (Non-government Organizations)
- Advantage of institutional customers is making use of their already established distributor network for selling our product
- Value addition to institutional customers is that they get to advertise their products through SMS along with our customized messages, hence, getting a large pool of customers without additional marketing effort
- We are targeting an area where there are very few peers and competitors.
- This gives us the first mover advantage and market adoption of our products is hence made easier. Some of our competitors (peers) include:
- Kisan raja (http://www.kisanraja.com/index.php)
- Esagu (http://www.esagu.in/)
- Skymet (http://www.skymet.net/)